3/08/2008

A Healing Captive

O God Who frees the captive
Do not liberate this carnal slave for freedom’s sake
For I will surely wing my flight to another thorny land
Break instead each evil bond
And rub my swollen wrists
Then take me prisoner to Your will
Enslaved in Your safekeeping.

O God Who ushers light into the darkness
Do not release me to the light to only see myself
Cast the light of my liberation upon Your face
And be Thou my vision
Do not hand me over
To the quest of greater knowledge
Make Your Word a lamp unto my feet
And a light unto my path
And lead me to Your dwelling.

O God Who lifts the grieving head
Blow away the ashes
But let Your gentle hand upon my brow
Be my only crown of beauty
Comfort me so deeply
My Healer
That I seek no other comfort.

O God Who loves the human soul
Too much to let it go
So thoroughly impose Yourself
Into the heaps and depths of my life
That nothing remains undisturbed
Plow this life, Lord
Until everything You overturn
Becomes a fertile soil
Then plant me, O God
In the vast plain of Your love
Grow me, strengthen me
And do not lift Your pressing hand
Until it can boastfully unveil
A display of Your splendor.

-- Breaking Free

1 comment:

Tandi said...

Laramie sent me this prayer. She is praying for my friend. I am grateful. Laramie is a Jewish believer and a powerful prayer warrior. I have known her for many years. She lives in California, and I do not hear from her often....but lately she has been corresponding by mail and says her heart has been deeply touched by what I have shared with her recently. I am adding an Amen to her own words in her note to me yesterday. I am encouraged to keep praying and not give up.