1/14/2009

With Tears In My Heart

My Times Are In Thy Hands
By Gertrude Grace Sanborn

Such hands as Thine
Can never fail nor falter;
My times, my goings, and my comings
Thou dost know.
So strong—such hands,
So wise in all their moving,
Directing worlds and all the teeming
Nations here below!

Thy hands, my God,
Are holding me!
My times so small they seem
As I compare
Thy hands which wrote the Law
And shook the Mountain
Those hands deal tenderly with me in care!

My times, Thy hands!
Sweet peace I find in this, O Lord,
And grace to meet the problems of each day.
So I put my hand in Thine,
O God my Father;
And holding thus will walk my brief
And earthly way!



From With Tears in My Heart
400 Poetic Meditations of a Christian Woman
Original Poems with Complementing Scripture

(Click on Title Link for story of the sorrows she suffered and the faith that sustained her)

2 comments:

Tandi said...

For Peter.....as he deals with the loss of his mom to cancer and honors her life and memory.

February 14, 1950 - January 15, 2009

Tandi said...

Another poem by the same author:

Grace

Hard is the pathway of training,
Stern is the way He may use
To take our dim eyes from the earth things,
To make us His own will to choose.

How often our hands seem to cling to
The baubles and toys of this sphere,
But a wonderful wise overseer
Will give us of things far more dear.

He seats us in Heavenly places,
Enfolds us around with care,
Bestows on us gifts for His glory
That we may be used everywhere.

He lets us see failure in others,
Permits us to weep over loss,
And does all this while He is turning
Our eyes from this world to His cross.

http://biblefortoday.org/Articles/tears.htm