10/07/2007

Sukkot Joy

Feast of Tabernacles 2007 was partly joyful. Pat helped me build our “suggest-a-sukkah” which consists of a few oak branches forming the foundation of a sukkah at my “prayer closet in the woods” where other Sukkot celebrations have been held in the past with family and friends. Interest has waned over the years as the grandchildren got older and no one we know locally embraced the Messianic/Torah perspective.

I sang this silly “Sukkot Song” I made up....

We come a-rejoicing
Boughs of goodly trees we bring
We will dance and sing
Feast of Tabernacles
O hear the fire crackle.

I am feasting all alone
In my woods, at my home
Wishing for some other friends
To be feasting with me
.................................

[After a settled squabble...]

I’m not feasting all alone
In my woods, at my home
“Bring a chair, Take II” I said
Pat says he is coming
Well now my heart is humming.


After the brief squabble in which the RV was parked out front for sale, Pat and I took it to Potato Creek State Park for part of three days. It was enjoyable. We rode bikes. Pat fished with our grandson, Dakota. I hiked a beautiful trail. We read Scripture. We met a nice man and had a pleasant conversation. How wonderful it would be if the campground were filled with like-minded believers next year, with special speakers at the “Campground Circle” and lots of kosher fun, kosher food, and the laughter of children. I can only hope.

No comments: