4/14/2009

Mia Ton Sabbaton

There has been quite a bit of discussion on Passion Chronology this past week, with various views shared on forums and in the blogosphere. Some believe Yeshua died on Wednesday, some Thursday, some Friday. Most believe He rose on Sunday morning. Some believe He rose on Saturday evening. A few of us believe He rose just before dawn on Sabbath. The correct translation and interpretation of “mia ton sabbaton” is key. (Click on title of post for language forum discussion on this topic.) Regardless of your view, I hope we can all agree that indeed He is risen, and because He is risen, we can know, experientially, pardon for our sins and relationship with God. The lyrics to this Marty Goetz song are very meaningful to me. I wanted to share them with others. I highly recommend this music. See link below for song samples.

Risen Again (I Call You Friend, Marty Goetz)

I come here to proclaim He’s risen again, risen again
And there’s no other Name that’s given to men, given to men
By which they might enter Heaven.

I ask you to believe we’re nearing the end, nearing the end
I ask you to receive Him and the help that He’ll lend
In these Last Days
The blessings He’ll send
Will surely amaze you

I know it’s hard to suspend all your reasons
But try to pretend He’s in all that you do
And you may find it’s true
Though you never knew

Anything I know that’s in any way good
Surely He put in my head
No matter where I go
If it’s the way that I should
It’s purely His foot that lead
I am nothing apart from Him
He’s my heart
He’s why I live
He’s all I’ll ever have to give

And I rejoice to tell you
He’s coming again, coming again
Oh hear His voice He’ll tell you
Be born again
I stand at the door
I want to enter
Know that I’m for you

He wants you just to surrender your will
And to trust He’s a friend
He’ll do all He can do
And He won’t be through
Till all is new

Anything I am that’s in any way right
Was wrought by His skillful hand
No matter who I am
When I stand in His light
I know I will understand
I am something when I’m with Him
In my heart, now I can see
He’s all I ever dreamed would be

And if I can’t admit
He’s risen again, risen again
Then I am to be pitied
More than all men, more than all men
For my hope has all been in vain.

But I know that He’s risen
Yes I know that He’s risen
I know that He’s risen again
I know that He’s risen again.

martygoetz.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you know that Jesus rose from the dead?

Tandi said...

Hello Script,

A lyrical answer is as good as any.....

"How do I know? The Bible tells me so."

"Have faith, hope, and charity
That's the way to live successfully......."

And.....

"You ask me how I know He lives....He lives within my heart."

Kol tuv,

Tandi