4/08/2009

Passover Flower

On March 8, I had a strange dream, which I posted on one of the blogs I frequent, as we were talking about dreams at the time. I was able to retrieve the post:

"I saw a pretty, potted, cheerful looking flower on display....with wings! The flower was flapping its wings. I wondered if it could fly. I thought it was really neat so decided to come back later and buy it. When I returned, the flower was wilted and dying. I asked, "What happened? Where are the wings?" I was told that the wings had flown away."

I wondered what the interpretation of the dream could be. It seemed meaningful in some way.

Now what are the odds that a month later while shopping for my Passover supplies at a grocery store in Valparaiso the song, "I Believe I Can Fly" would waft in over the speaker system just as I was looking for a plant for my Passover table. Most of them had "Happy Easter" signs in them. No thanks. Then I noticed a wonder.......a cheerful yellow flower in a pot, slightly wilted. I looked closer. The tag said it was a Gerbera Daisy. I looked even closer. There were TWO flowers integrated together on one stem, like siamese twins! How odd and beautiful. Of course, I brought it home. I've got it next to me. It is not doing well. Very wilted now. It looks like it is bowing in humble prayer and supplication. It is reminding me of the gourd in the Book of Jonah. Is it only going to live for a day?

I thought it was just an ordinary type of daisy, but found out this is an exotic, sensitive plant from Africa and does poorly adapting to change. It probably did not like the breezy air and sunshine at 50 degrees today, or the overwatering, and it may have a powdery mildew problem. I know nothing about plants. I usually buy jonquils or other varieties I can plant outdoors.

I'm kind of attached to this unusual flower. Is it okay to talk to flowers? When I lift up its head, it looks like a face with two eyes. I will save the bloom as a dry flower if it does not make it. I don't know what to do to keep it alive and help it prosper. I don't think it liked the Matisyahu music I was playing today while I looked for leaven in the kitchen cabinets. Maybe it prefers Bruce Cohen and Kol Simcha.

My husband called and asked for his paperwork for his trip. I gave him the phone number and contact person. You won't believe the name of the contact person:

Dee Wieduwilt

Why'd you wilt, O African Daisy? And what is the meaning of all this?

Unbelievable coincidences. Truth is stranger than fiction.

Have a blessed Passover season everyone.

4 comments:

Carmen said...

Great Thinker! I likey...

shalom aleichem!

Tandi said...

Thank you for the comment, Carmen. I will check out your blogs soon (I only visited briefly). I see that you posted at Judah's blog as well. I hope we enjoy some good discussions on our various blogs. There is a forum at torahtimes.org also that I hope will grow and provide community and discussion. Please join!

To update my post, the unusual flower is doing quite well now. Perked up and cheerful....although it is finding it difficult to stand completely upright with two heads! Has anyone ever seen such a phenomenon in plants?

This daisy seemed to need more warmth and nutrition (Jobe's plant food spikes). This reminds me that we all need more warmth and spiritual sustenance to get us through our Job-like trials. (I seem to see analogies everywhere. Must be my former Gothard training, wisdom searches, etc.)

The plant seemed to perk up while listening to Cohen and Rose music. I placed it on top of the speaker so it was getting some spiritual vibes. : )

Especially meaningful is the song, "Sing, My Heart." The "message" is beginning to clarify.

"...for two are surely better than one" ironically is the last line of the song!

The song also mentions dewdrops of the dawn....which reminds me of this Bible Pathway devotional::

"The purpose of the dew is to maintain life during dry seasons. Only living things benefit from the dew. It does nothing for stones nor dead leaves but is spontaneously absorbed by wilted plants. Dryness of spirit is always a cause for alarm; darkness is not, for you need not see what tomorrow will bring. Days of meditation in the Word of God will refresh and influence very gently and as unnoticed as the dew in the darkest night, it will bring life back to a dry soul."

I had also posted this at the Disevangelists blog where I posted my dream about the winged flower. Hmm. There is another Bruce Cohen song that mentions wings on this same album. I almost consider him my rabbi now....his online sermons have been a blessing and nourishment to my soul and I am finding areas of likemindedness.

http://bethelnyc.org/

Where is all this leading I wonder?!

Bruce Cohen lyrics:

"LORD, Your ways are sweeter than the dewdrops of the dawn. Sweeter than the honey in the comb. In keeping them Your servant has found a great reward......for two are surely better than one."

Great song. Great album (Fall Upon Us Now, Bruce Cohen).

Shalom, Tandi

Tandi said...

Update on "Flower"...........

Believe it or not, Flower is still standing pretty in all its unusual glory. It is supported by a yoked branch that I stuck in the soil to hold up its two heads. Why has the flower not faded? There were several "baby flowers" trying to grow, but they have shriveled up. Apparently the main flower is taking all the nutrients. I have added another Jobe's plant food stake on occasion, watered it, and given it the indirect sunlight that it seems to prefer. This is the strangest phenomenon. What does it mean? I will try to post pictures soon.

Tandi said...

On May 3 I took Flower outside with me on a warm, breezy day. Flower did not take well to the wind. Shortly thereafter, one of the heads began to wilt and die; a few days later, the other joined its twin. On May 10, I cut Flower to join my dried flowers from past Biblical feast days. This one was very special. I still don't know what it all means.