8/25/2008

The End of August/Teslin

The End of August/Teslin
Lyrics by Renah; Music by Yanni (In My Time)
(See Featured Links at Sidebar for Youtube rendition of this song by another pianist. Does not include violin ending coinciding with final lyrics but otherwise matches.)

These song lyrics came to mind in August/September 1998 in my wilderness journey through North Dakota, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, Yukon Territory, and Alaska. Some of them came as I pondered and edited a bit on a cemetery hilltop in Bedford, Pennsylvania, less than 30 miles from Shanksville oddly enough (911 Flight 93 crash three years later)............

[Commentary in brackets]

It’s the end of the summer
The prairie’s in bloom
I wonder how long till
This world meets its doom


[Late August driving from Indiana to Alaska. North Dakota sunflowers, black-eyed susans. For behold, the LORD cometh out of His place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity. Isaiah 26:21]

Suddenly, without a warning
The darkness
Will come upon man
Oh please understand
The time draws near
But do not fear
The LORD is with thee
He’ll keep you in safety
He’ll lead you
He’ll guide you


[Destruction is cried suddenly. Jeremiah 4:20. The day of the LORD so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, peace and safety, then sudden destruction cometh upon them. 1 Thess. 5:2-3. Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked when it cometh. Proverbs 3:25. For I am with thee to deliver thee. Jeremiah 1:8; 1:19. Thou art my hiding place. Psalm 32:7. Behold, I set before you the way of life, and the way of death. Jeremiah 21:8. I will guide thee. Psalm 32:8]

When the Autumn arrives
With blustery skies
Know that it’s near
But be of good cheer
I’ll come again
To rescue you
So stand your ground
Don’t frown
I will comfort you


[The sky is overcast; the wind picks up near Destruction Bay, Yukon Territory. It is well into Autumn here. Ominous? Prophetic? Be of good cheer, it is I; be not afraid. Matthew 14:27. I will come again. John 14:3. If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small. Proverbs 24:10. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. John 14:18]

It’s the end of the summer
The leaves turn to gold
Wilderness wonders
A sight to behold


[The harvest is past, the summer is ended. Jeremiah 8:20. Peak foliage, trembling Aspen, near Teslin, Yukon. Massive moose, other wildlife, awesome scenic beauty. All His wondrous works. Jeremiah 21:2]

Suddenly, all this will fade like a flower
The night will descend
But you’ve got a Friend
[YESHUA] will be your every, every thing
He loves you
He’ll send clouds from above you
To lead you, to guide you


[The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand forever. Isaiah 40:8. See Jeremiah 4:23-28; 13:16. There is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24. The LORD is with me as a mighty, awesome one; therefore my persecutors will stumble, and they shall not prevail. Jeremiah 20:11. “Clouds”.....literally? figuratively? In the daytime He led them with a cloud. Psalm 78:14. I will also command the clouds. Isaiah 5:6. See also Luke 9:34-35; Psalm 99:7]

When the Autumn arrives
With blustery skies
Know that it’s near
But...don’t fear
I’ll come again
To rescue you
So stand your ground
Don’t frown
I will comfort you.


[So likewise, ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Matthew 24:33. Fear not, for I am with thee; I will strengthen thee; yea I will help thee. Isaiah 41:10. He that endureth to the end shall be saved. Matthew 10:22. Blessed is the man that endureth. James 1:12]

It’s the end of the summer
The snowcaps I see
Soon there’ll be no one
In this land that’s free


[Near Tok, Alaska. There is snow on the mountain peaks. So shall ye serve strangers in a land that is not yours. Jeremiah 5:19.]

Suddenly, destruction will come from the North
The old world will end
A new order begin
[YESHUA] must be your every, every thing
He loves you
He’ll send signs from above you
To lead you, to guide you


[Out of the north an evil shall break forth upon all the inhabitants of the land. Jeremiah 1:14; 4:6; 6:1; 10:22. The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end. Jeremiah 4:27. See also Revelation 13:7. Let us watch and be sober. 1 Thess. 5:6. And again I say, “Watch.” See Mark 13. Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not to thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6. And the LORD shall guide thee continually. Isaiah 58:11]

Why, why won’t you understand
What I say to you
Why won’t you get away
From other voices
Clamoring to you
I’ll come again
To rescue you
So stand your ground
Don’t frown
I will comfort you.

Amen

[Follow violin here.... Who is the wise man that may understand this? Jeremiah 9:12. My people have forgotten Me days without number. Jeremiah 2:32. Get alone, away from the clamor that muffles the voice of the LORD. The piano distinctly says, Amen.]


Epilogue:

911 happened three years later. The planes came from the North. I stood in front of my television set that morning in shock. I remember thinking, “This is the end of the world as we know it.” Yet, mercifully, the LORD allowed America to partially recover from that tragedy. Life went on after this “wake-up call” with no national repentance.

This coming September 11 will mark seven years since the watershed event. This September 11 also happens to be the correct date of the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur), yet multitudes will ignore this date in conformity with Judaism’s October 9 reckoning.

September 11, 3 BCE was the date of the Feast of Trumpets when Yeshua was born in Bethlehem. This seems all very significant. Will disregard for a high holy day trigger a response from on High? When God’s people choose tradition over truth, chastisement often results. At least, that is the pattern in Scripture.

No comments: