6/29/2008

A Letter to My Daughter

Hi Denise,

I have been enjoying your emails and finally have a chance to write back. Thanks for the Culver Summer Camp updates and pictures. More on that subject in another email.

Yesterday I had a REALLY good Sabbath day. I was home alone....but it was so peaceful.....and I was peaceful. The weather was perfect, Edenic...the cloud formations were awesome. I had to take a bike ride down the road just to take it all in without trees blocking the amazing patterns. I wondered if there was a message in it.

The main reason I felt so good was that overnight I had been listening to old sermons by Pastor Ron of Messiah Fellowship in Howe, IN....this is the messianic congregation I would like to attend someday....but it is over two hours away and Dad won’t go with me. The group meets at 6 pm. Maybe I can get you to accompany me the first time while you are here? And Dave & family maybe? Anyway....it used to be a Calvary Christian fellowship and they seem to be on my wavelength pretty much. They don’t go for the rabbinic stuff but just want to do what the Bible teaches from Genesis to Revelation. The sermon I woke up to was on the book of James. This was when they were a Sunday church. Pastor Ron gave an invitation at the end. He was asking people to stand up if they were wanting to stop living in the flesh and walk in the Spirit. I was prompted to get up out of bed and stand! Now that I think of it, I did this once before more than a year ago when I heard this sermon. It was powerful.

So I got right with God and felt cleansed, renewed, and spiritual. All my depression and anxiety went away.

I think somebody must have been praying for me that this happened. Was it you? It could have been Daniel K from the Netherlands (see blog comments at Many Sorrows....).....

[It also helped that Peter had written to me on Friday. It was encouraging that he wanted to share his thoughts and news with me. The storms earlier in the day cleared out by the time of the wedding ceremony, he said. He gave me a link to the photographer’s site where there are some pictures. The photographer turned out to be a newbie Sabbath keeper himself which is why he took the Sunday wedding assignment; he no longer works on Sabbath. So that irony gives me hope that the LORD is still working on my friend. It will be interesting to follow the chapters of Peter's life, and I will continue to pray for him and his family.]

I am seriously considering working at Culver Academies and talked to my blacksmith about it. I need to write to Austin and feel bad that I have not done that yet. I was too mopey. Hey....maybe I could go over to Culver later today for the Garrison parade, etc. Do you know what time that is? Did you send me the link to that kind of information?

Dad is in Florida this weekend. He may go on one of the fishing charters. He has to hang out in Florida until a load materializes hopefully. The one he was supposed to pick up was a double dispatch.

More later hopefully......

Love, Mom

1 comment:

Tandi said...

I posted this as a snapshot of my mood change and thoughts. I am especially grateful for the sermons I have been listening to by Pastor Ron Hyre. They were instrumental in my renewal. These messages are Biblically sound and Spirit-led...and delivered by a humble man of God who does not think he knows it all but continues to learn and pass on what he learns to others regardless of how it is received. He lost half his congregation in his stand for the truth. That inspires me. I live on inspiration.

The peace I feel continues unabated.

(Shalom=integration, nothing broken, well-being)

Sermons can now be downloaded as free podcasts at itunes. Title: In Search of Manna.