6/04/2008

My Computer Wears Tzit-tzit

Four blue strings adorn the corners of my computer monitor. They remind me not to spend too much time on the Internet, to be kind in my communications, and to remember Erev in the late afternoon so that I do not fall behind in my Bible reading and thus miss the message in God’s Word.

Today’s Bible reading in Ezra talks about a river called Ahava. I wonder where that is? Ahava means love in Hebrew. The river of love. It talks about gathering there. There was a camp-out for three days in Ezra’s time. The people fasted and prayed, trusting the LORD for protection against nomadic robbers in their journey to Jerusalem.

The LORD is good. I am thankful for His protection from storms...and protection from injury when my horse stumbled and I fell off the other day. My arm is bruised but no broken bones. I need to do more with my horses than hop on once in a blue moon. Speaking of the moon, is today the New Moon.....or tomorrow? Does anyone really know what time it is? Does anyone really care? What if God’s people are celebrating His feasts on the wrong days? What if many miss the Day of Atonement this year because of calendar issues? According to Dan’s calculations, it falls on September 11 of all dates. Interesting. I feel anticipatory. I know that the LORD is preparing me for changing times, tribulation, Great Tribulation. I know He will gather the Remnant.

I discovered in my Internet searches that Tim has a jazz gig going. He plays a trumpet very well! I really like the music.

I am going to try to write something daily on my blog. Whatever comes to mind.

Verse for today.....

The hand of our God is upon all them for good that seek Him; but His power and His wrath is against all them that forsake Him. (Ezra 8:22)

No comments: